Tag: medical office
Open Enrollment: What to do next
For all of you who are in the enrollment period for employer-based insurance, including town employees, we can help answer your many questions. We offer free one hour consultations to help look over your insurance benefits. We also show you how Gold Direct Care can complement your insurance in a way which accomplishes two main goals:
1) Provide you with better access to primary care (AKA better quality care) with a doctor that is available to you when you need them. Appointments guaranteed within 24 hours and no insurance hassles.
2) Lower your cost. By combining our aged-based monthly fee with a lower premium/higher deductible plan we can get you to either break even for better value or, best case scenario, we can save you money all the while keeping you protected medically and financially.
We understand how complex insurance options can be. We are here to help you become a better consumer and navigate these complexities, so you and your family are protected; all the while getting the best value for their dollar. Please contact us for any inquires and to set up a time to talk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-842-3961.
We also have knowledgeable insurance consultants as well whom we can direct you to if needed.
Here is an article with great examples if you would like to learn more: What Really Happens When You Cut The Red Tape
What Makes a DPC Office Special?
One of the key differences between a conventional insurance-based primary care practice and a Direct Primary Care practice is the overall structure of the office space. (see the latest update on new location)
When you first walk in, you’ll immediately notice a difference:
- Instead of a large waiting area, we will have a cozy “lounge” area. I do not call it a waiting room because patients will not actually WAIT to see me or my nurse Meghann.
- There will not be a crowded waiting room with contagious patients. There will be no front desk staff of 5-10 employees. Instead, patients who enter the door will be greeted by Meghann at the reception desk, checked in without the need to verify “insurance”, and brought back into an exam room.
The exam rooms are different, too:
- The exam room as well as the rest of the space will be a warm, homey environ with lots of soft colors and natural light so patients feel relaxed.
- The space will be sterile and immaculate without feeling like a a cold and impersonal conventional office.
Your visit with me will be thorough and personalized:
- Instead of visits that last 15 minute or less, patients will be in the exam room or my office for no less than 30 minutes (or even more if needed).
- There are no rushed visits with patients being filed in and out of exam rooms.
- There will be no computers or kiosks in the exam room. Attention will be given to the conversation being had with the patient. Laptops may be brought in on occasion to demonstrate medical education or show anatomical pictures, but never at the expense of patient-physician interaction.
The whole focus of a DPC office is to make our patients feel relaxed and comfortable, whether they are there for a routine checkup or a sick visit.
We want our office to feel like our patients’ true medical home!