committed to delivering primary care as it was intended--through trust, openness, and investing in the doctor-patient relationship.
So after battling with the state of Massachusetts since February, we finally got the okay to supply State Vaccines.
The vaccines which we can supply are:
- DTaP (Helps children develop immunity to three deadly diseases caused by bacteria: diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough aka pertussis.)
- Hep A (Used for prevention of liver disease caused by the hepatitis A virus.)
- Hep B (Used for prevention of liver disease caused by the hepatitis B virus.)
- HIB (Used for prevention of invasive disease caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b bacteria.)
- IPV (Used to combat poliomyelitis aka Polio.)
- PCV13 (Used to protect infants and toddlers from pneumococcal disease.)
- RV (Oral Dosage- Used to prevent Rotavirus which is a contagious virus that can cause gastroenteritis.)
These vaccines can be supplied to anyone under the age of 19. However, we will not be supplying HPV or Menactra(Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine). We do have places we can send our patients to receive these vaccines at a cash price, or by using their insurance.
We will be implementing a $20 inoculation fee to help pay for the needles and syringes. This is just a one time fee per visit, NOT per vaccination.
If you have any questions, or would like to set up an appointment, please call our office at 781-842-3961.
If you would like to know more about the vaccines, or what schedule your child should be on, you can visit the CDC website here.